If you travel by car you need valid driving licence, certificate about technical condition of car and green card. If you travel by rent car, you will need authenticated by a notary public agreement of car’s owner.
- Village - 50 km/h
- Outside village - 90 km/h, with trailer - 80 km/h
- Road for motor’s vehicles - 110 km/h, with trailer - 80 km/h
- Highway - 130 km/h, with trailer - 80 km/h
Law allowed max. 0,5 per mille of alcohol in blood, if the driver goes without an accident. In case of accident the penalty is increased. The alcohol isn´t allowed for young drivers upto 24 years and professional drivers.
- Less then 0,5 per mille – fee 700 kuna
- 0,5 – 1 per mille – fee 1000-2000 kuna
- 1 – 1,5 per mille – fee 2000-5000 kuna
- More then 1,5 per mille – fee 5000-15000 kuna or upto 60 days of imprisonment.
Using of mobile phones:
- Using of mobile phones when you drive is prohibited.
Fees for speeding:
- 300 kuna – if you get over the speed limit 0 - 10 km/h in village
- 500 kuna - if you get over the speed limit 10 – 20 km/h in village, outside village 10 – 30 km/h
- 1000 kuna – if you get over the speed limit 20 - 30 km/h in village, outside village 30 - 50 km/h
- 2000 kuna – if you get over the speed limit 30 - 50 km/h in village
- 3000-7000 kuna - if you get over the speed limit more then 50 km/h outside village
- 5000-15000 kuna or upto 60 days of imprisonment – if you get over the speed limit more then 50 km/h in village
Assistance number at roads is 987 (HAK – Chroatian automobile club)
Another important phone numbers: police – 92, firefihters – 93, ambulance – 94
In the case of car accident when the car is little destroyed, is necessary to call police. They need to write report. Without this report, they do not let destroyed car leave the country.